There is a new Nars foundation!
I repeat, a new Nars foundation. Are foundation addicts around the world freaking out right now? I know I am! 🙂
Nars haven’t released a new foundation range this exciting in a long, long time so I will most likely use lots of exclamation marks in this post out of sheer excitement!
Here’s what I know –
- It’s called All Day Weightless Luminous Foundation
- It comes packaged in a nice heavy bottle (see above picture) and it has a pump applicator
- It’s an oil-free formula, very liquidy (similar to Fusion Ink/Maestro) and feels weightless on the skin
- It’s available in 20 shades
- The two main selling points according to Nars is that you only need one drop to cover your whole face (yes, you read that right) and they promise that it will last for 16 hours on the skin
- It has tone evening technology that will balance out the skin, reduce redness and discolouration and so on
(watch my video review HERE)
Having applied it this evening for the first time, I would say that it provides full coverage and it’s incredibly pigmented, so one drop really is enough. I applied it with a flat synthetic foundation brush – I started on the T-zone and then blended outwards. It gives a beautiful finish to the skin; even and natural and ever so slightly matte, but glowy at the same time. Amazing!
This is what James Boehmer, NARS Director of Global Artistry has to say about it:
“All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation is the most full-coverage of all NARS foundations. It also gives a perfected finish to the skin—a soft-matte, natural-looking luminous look (NARS also has a similar finish in a powder format with All Day Luminous Powder Foundation). All of our other foundations feature radiant finishes that deliver various degrees of a natural-looking glow. This foundation is ideal for anyone who wants or needs additional coverage and prefers a more “finished” look”.
So there we are! I don’t know when it’s out (I’m guessing Jan/Feb?) and I don’t know how much it will be as there are no details on the press release, but as soon as I know I will update this post!
*Update* It’s available online now from Sephora US