In the spirit of ‘everyone is doing this so I probably should’, here’s my 25 facts about me post. It took me over a week to write this as I couldn’t think of 25 facts – I got stuck at 16 for quite some time so some of these might seem a bit random!
1. I have two Shih Tzu’s; Ming Ming and Sweetie.
2. I have lived in the Middle East for 3 years. Bahrain first, then Oman and now Dubai.
3. I’m from Galway on the west coast of Ireland. I recently had to write a small article about Galway in work and it made me tear up a little. I didn’t realise I missed the place so much!
4. I have a younger brother called Steve.
5. About 70% of my wardrobe is from Zara.
6. I have been married for five years. I was 24 when we got married and we did the ‘big bad Irish wedding thing’ at home.
7. During the wedding reception I slipped on the dance floor and fell on my face. I was holding a glass of champagne at the time and didn’t spill one drop. If that’s not a display of some serious skills I don’t know what is.
8. We lived in Singapore for a couple of years before we came to the Middle East and when we left, I cried the entire first leg of the flight home. It was a mixture of feeling incredibly sad about leaving and being chronically hungover from the leaving do the night before.
9. I have a scar above my left eye, a scar at the edge of my right eye and a scar just below my right cheekbone, all of which were obtained during play time with one of my childhood friends.
10. I lived in Spain for four years when I was a teenager.
11. If I had to listen to one album on repeat for the rest of my life it would be Grace by Jeff Buckley.
12. I like shopping alone. I like to get in, get the stuff and get out. No arsing around.
13. I work in publishing.
14. Since I had my son 9 months ago, I’ve become an emotional mess and cry at everything. I regularly cry when watching The Good Wife/watching the news/reading the Daily Mail.
15. My favourite book of all time is Boys Life by Robert R. McCammon.
16. I do something drastic to my hair every year.
17. This years drastic thing is happening next week.
18. My favourite TV programme is The Good Wife.
19. I love going to the cinema. I would easily go twice a week if time permitted.
20. I have an inability to eat popcorn without peanut M&M’s sprinkled on it.
21. Matt Damon is one of the great loves of my life. I have seen every single one of his films and I LOVE THEM ALL (except maybe, We Bought A Zoo). The Bourne films are classic!
22. We did a road trip around Malaysia a couple of years ago and finished our trip with a night in the Marriott in Malacca. When I saw the marble bathrooms with perfectly white, fluffy hand towels I got a bit emotional as we hadn’t seen a toilet that wasn’t a hole in the ground for days.
23. My favourite place in the world is San Luis Obispo in California. I hope to retire there when I’m er, a millionaire.
24. I was in labour for twenty-two and a half hours with my son Charlie.
25. He came out with his eyes open and the scared the shit out of all of us.
That was fun! But maybe not so fun for you to read, ha! If you’ve done a 25 things about me post send me the link!