Whoops! Missed my last weekend links post as I have been furiously busy. This weeks one is a good one though 🙂
1. I’m going to get straight to it and admit that I hit ASOS hard this week. Like, really hard. It was so unexpected and so sudden and before I knew it, it was over. I bought this dress (anything with the words ‘textured’ and ‘midi’ in the same sentence means it must instantly be mine), I bought this gorgeous looking skirt (with an elasticated waistband #winning) and this midi skirt in scuba fabric (interesting). They are due to arrive this week so I will dutifully report back then.
2. Some new lipstick came into my life this week. Laura bought me two Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy lippies in Defiant Coral and Envious. We have been majorly excited about these since hearing about them a few months back. Initial impressions are good; very pigmented and very long-lasting. The packaging is lovely too – it has a snappy magnetic lid so no chance of it coming off in your handbag.
3. I started reading Hillary Rodham Clinton’s new book; Hard Choices. I tell ya, I’ve made a hard choice myself by deciding to read it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s incredibly interesting so far but god – you have to be plugged in and ready for it. No chance of skimming through this baby. Right now I recommend it, but I will reserve final judgement until I’ve finished.
4. I’ve become a bit obsessed with Sara Donaldson of late. Her blog Harper and Harley is the shizzle. Why? Well, she makes minimalism look so easy and so chic! Her wardrobe mainly consists of black, white and grey – it’s like my dream! Go check it out, you’ll probably become a fangirl rather quickly (like me).
5. You Tube. I’ve been having all the thoughts this week about the ol’ tube. Should I make more videos? If yes, what should they be about? I feel like there are 17 million other people on You Tube doing what I’m doing and it feels a bit stale. Should I do more Dubai stuff? Should I channel Fun for Louis (except in Dubai, without the dreadlocks, and with a toddler in tow?) Ha! 🙂
That’s it for this week. Hope you’re all well!