I’m as fickle as the next woman when it’s comes to makeup but foundation in particular has become a real problem area for me recently. Over the years in my professional life, I’ve tried many many different brands, types and formulations of foundation – At this stage I’d like to think I know what’s good and what isn’t however, amusingly enough, when it comes to my own personal foundation, I’m at a loss.
Living in a hot climate with oily, sensitive, acne prone skin with the added bonus of pigmentation, has really thrown me a curve ball in recent months. Due to the pigmentation and the fact that I rarely, if ever, sunbathe, my body and neck are now significantly lighter then my face. Not a problem I hear you say except, when I match my face to my body I look like a ghost. I’m quite naturally pale but dark hair and darker eyes are not helping me me out when I’m trying to look alive. On top of this, I need my foundation to sufficiently cover my skin, balance it out and still not look like I’m wearing any makeup. Not a lot to ask, right? Hmm…
My current collection of foundation (above), minus Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua which I’ve just run out of, is a veritable mish mash of decent and disappointing foundations. Here’s the lowdown on the good and bad of the above;
1. Bourjois Flower Perfection – Probably my current favourite. Full coverage, semi-matte to matte glowy finish. My issue with this is my skin has become slightly dry as the temerature has dropped and it’s started to cling on to some of the patches.
2. MAC Face & Body – I have nothing really bad to say about this except the coverage is way too light for what I need right now and I reserve this purely for my better skin moments, which are very few and far between at present.
3. Chanel Matt Lumiere -The newest addition is just ok. Not as matte as I’d like but generally ok. Nothing majorly negative to say but it’s just not doing it for me, you know?
4. Make Up For Ever HD Foundation – Although a fabulous foundation, it’s pretty bad when it comes to clinging on to dry skin and sinking into the pores. Currently not right for my skin.
5. Bobbi Brown Natural Foundation – Another ok foundation, initially I loved it but now it’s slipping around on my face too much.
6. MAC Studio Fix Fluid – Good coverage with a decent matte finish but it smells terrible and feels way to heavy for the glowy effect I’m trying to achieve at present.
And there we are. Am I just being too picky and annoying? Probably. Anyone using any of the above at the moment? Either I’m having a bad skin moment or my life has just gone down hill since I ran out of Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua…